Monday, March 15, 2010

Nurse-cissistic much?

There are many questions in life that has baffled even the wisest and greatest minds in history, like "Why is Kris Aquino the most annoying person on earth?", "Am I gay?", "How much does Peter North make in a month?", "No really...am I GAY?!" or the perplexing "Why can't I fucking change the freaking WALLPAPER in Windows 7 Starter Edition?" (seriously, you really can't, which is an epic fail on Microsoft's part).

But then there's one question in particular that has really bothered me for quiet some time now, and it concerns the ad of a certain local nursing review center.

(One word: Why?)

Lo and behold, the Carl E. Balita Review Center.

Call me crazy, but if half your ad has your face plastered all over it instead of the service you're trying to promote then there's something terribly wrong with you or your ad agency (or perhaps both). I mean c'mon, what exactly are you trying to sell here, a review center or a skin care treatment?

(Look at me, I'm a mowdell--and I have a cleft chin too!)

They could've shown pictures of their facility, their students who passed the board, or hell, even statistics of their passing rate in the biggest and boldest of fonts possible. Instead, they opted to show, not one, but two utterly unnecessary pictures of the same guy who already has the center named after him. If that's not "nurse-cissism" then I don't know what is.

Hopefully, they'll pull this off soon and make an ad that will do their review center justice. After all, if what they're after is increase in enrollment, they can always do promos like free limited edition Carl Balita autographed 8x10 pictures, or "Meet and Greet Carl Balita Day"; I'm sure they'll figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment